On April 13, 1958, sixteen souls met for worship in the American Legion hall of Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Claude Morton presided over what was billed as a meeting to form the "East Scottsdale Presbyterian Church". Seven months later, on the evening of November 16, 1958, our Scottsdale Presbyterian Church was was formally chartered with about 80 founding members. The Rev. Johnston H Calhoun was installed as the first pastor.
Down through the decades, our church has hosted a variety of ministries to serve the need of our neighborhood. We have sponsored scout troops, an Interfaith Counseling Service, a preschool, and our own former S.P.A.R.K. after school program. Hundreds of young men and women have learned about the love of Jesus Christ through our Sunday School, Youth Group and Vacation Bible School programs. Currently, we share our campus with another congregation: Redemption Church Scottsdale. For us, this is a visible way to live out the spiritual reality of our unity in Christ.
In December 2016, SPC joined a growing denomination called ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterian Churches. The focus of ECO is to build flourishing churches that make disciples of Jesus Christ.